This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Thursday 31 March 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH SEVEN (WEEK 29)

A fairly quiet week - had my 28 week ante-natal check up where everything seemed fine. Although it turn into a massive headache. My GP didn't fill in my maternity notes - and it took THREE trips back to the surgery to get it sorted. Just one of those little hassles I could do without, and although it was only a little thing, it did make me disproportionately angry and stressed.

All sorted now - although for all I know she may just have made up the measurements and readings to keep me quiet. My GP is also pg - and goes on maternity leave on May 6th. At first I was concerned because it means she won't be around for my final month and the first months of the Little Monkey's life. But her performance has been so wishy-washy of late, I'm hoping the locum will prove more reassuring.

The other thing to come out of this week's check-up is an appointment at the local Breast Clinic next week - on my birthday :(. It's nothing serious. I'm having a small flap of skin looked at (about the size of a sweetcorn kernel) on my left nipple. I'm worried it's going to be a hindrance to breastfeeding when the time comes, and would really like it removed as soon as possible - just to give me one less thing to worry about.

Despite everything seeming on track from the check-up, I'm still struggling to relax about the last stages of pregnancy. This week I'm worrying that my bump isn't growing enough. Maybe I've just got used to it - or maybe it's just dropped down a bit because the Little Monkey's moved - but I'm finding things like bending over a bit easier, and I don't feel any bigger at all than about three weeks ago. But my GP didn't raise any concerns and DP is convinced I'm still growing... he's still slapping on my stretch mark oil and body butter every day (his favourite part of the day!), so sees the bump from a different angle. My massive boobs still hide my bump from me most of the time! And there's still plenty of movement most days, so I'm trying not o worry too much.

I definitely feel like I'm letting small things get to me a bit more than usual. Aside from the fiasco over my maternity notes - my Mum managed to upset me this week too. I know it was totally unintentional, but when I called her after my 28 week appt (she was expecting my call) - all she could talk to me about was my brother and the fact she was busy in the supermarket, before she got round to asking me how things had gone. I know she didn't mean anything by it, and she did call back the next day to find out a bit more about my Breast Clinic appt, but it upset me at the time. Perhaps the pg hormones are finally starting to creep in....

No comments:

Post a Comment