This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Friday 25 March 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH SEVEN (WEEK 28)

It definitely feels like we're starting on a bit of a countdown now... into the third trimester, so hopefully still 12 weeks to go. Only FIVE weeks until I finish work, which at the moment is one of my main focuses. I know I'll have plenty to keep me occupied after I finish work, plus I will most certainly be taking up all my friends' advice to rest as much as possible in the last few weeks.

Making some headway with clearing out the flat to make room for the Little Monkey. 'New' doors that have been cluttering up the spare room for two and a half years are finally up, and got rid of bits and bobs that were frankly just collecting dust and more clutter. Won't be buying and putting up the baby's furniture for at least another month, but at least there's starting to be a bit of room for it to go.

Was up at DP's parents last weekend. All was fine - no pressure from them at all. Think they were just pleased to see me looking well and finally looking 'properly' pg. I think DP's Mum really wanted to feel the bump - but she didn't ask, and - more importantly - she didn't just kop a feel. I would have let her if she asked - and I hope she didn't feel she couldn't, because I know it's important to keep her as involved as my own Mum (not that she's touched the bump either - I think they might both know me well enough!).

DP's gran also treated me to seeing some phots of DP when he was a baby/toddler. If he/she takes after his/her Dad - we're in for a big, chubby, curly-haired budda! But that's absolutely fine by me.

I've been thinking that perhaps the enormity of what's about to hit us really hasn't sunk in yet. As far as my body's concerned - Yes, I'm obviously pregnant, but to me much of it just feels like random bodily functions - like my intestines shifting, or a lot of food digesting. That might sound odd - but I'm still not quite equating the kicks, punches and squirms to an ACTUAL BABY!

DP remains as excited and pro-active about the impending arrival as ever - probably more so. That helps me more than anything. He makes me feel like together we can deal with anything. He's definitely assessing his own mortality though - doctors, dentists and opticians for him this week - and, ooops, he's going to finally have to wear glasses. From experience, I know that will provide hours of entertainment for the Little Monkey - taking them off Daddy's face over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment