This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Thursday 17 March 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH SEVEN (WEEK 27)

I've been trying to put into words to DP exactly what the movements of our Little Monkey feel like. It's all very well occasionally feeling the odd kick from outside - but I'd love for him to have more of an idea of the all sorts of different sensations going on inside my body. One woman on another forum described some of the movements as being like holding a moving frog in your hands - and that's a really good description.
The thing is, there are so many different types of movement that I'm feeling. Sometimes it's an obvious fullblown kick, but not very often. More commonly I guess I'd describe it as 'squirming'. And then there's like different sized bubbles  popping, varying degrees of pressure against my insides, flickers up inside my ribs, tightening, rumbling, etc. I also can't quite differentiate between all the different movements - what's a kick, punch, hiccup, turning over, stretch...? The main thing is that, at the moment, no more than a few hours go past without feeling something - which I'm very thankful for. 

At this stage (and friends keep telling me this will change in the next month or so) I still really enjoy and look forward to feeling the little monkey - even when I'm trying to drop off to sleep. It reassures me that he/she's OK in there  and hopefully happy. He/she's never really woken me in the night with his/her movements - I'm woken more frequently when I try to turn over which takes more and more effort. Although last night, for the first time in a long time, I slept right through (albeit only 5 hours as I work crazy shifts). I'm sure it was no coincidence that I put a pillow under my ever expanding bump for the first time, so maybe that made me more comfortable and stopped the need to roll over.

We went on another fact-finding/shopping expedition last weekend - and it was far more successful than previously. While we didn't actually buy anything, we've got a far better idea of what we will be buying - by way of furniture, Moses basket , bath stuff etc.  And I think we've decided on our pram/transport system.... the Bugaboo Bee. We've looked at and researched loads - until our heads have been ready to explode - and typically this was the first one we ever really looked at! It is expensive, but living in a pokey flat in the city - on and off public transport and in and out of the car - it just ticks so many of our boxes, being small and light.

I thought I really wanted a carry cot with our transport system, but given the limited space in our flat - a cot, moses basket and car seat (which I think we're inheriting from my best friend, a  Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix) will be more than enough - and when we visit grandparents they'll have sorted their own sleeping arrangements for the Little Monkey.

Visiting DP's family this weekend, who we haven't seen since Christmas. Actually really looking forward to it - and I think they'll notice a BIG change in the size of my bump, which was virtually non-existent three months ago. I think I'll revel in being pampered for change, instead of offering to help out...

No comments:

Post a Comment