This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Saturday 18 June 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH TEN (WEEK 40+2)

Yes - month ten. As not unexpected I am overdue. I'm not really that surprised, despite earlier being convinced the Little Monkey was going to come early. I know the vast majority of first-borns are late. But it means days more fending off calls and texts from family to see if there's any news. IF THERE'S ANY NEWS WE'LL TELL YOU! Had lots of well-meaning messages from friends too, which is nice, but clearly veiled as "any news?"!


Over the last few days I keep swinging from emotion to emotion within hours. One minute I'm feeling desperately impatient and want it all to kick off immediately - then I'm feeling quite happy to still be pregnant and don't want anything to happen just yet. Then I'll be feeling really anxious and nervous about labour and birth and don't want it to happen at all - and then I'll be more pragmatic, reminding myself the Little Monkey will come when they're ready - whether that means being induced or any second now.

It's all the not knowing that's unsettling. Yet on the other hand, not an awful lot has changed in the last few weeks. I may be a bit bigger and slower, but don't really feel much different, and so it doesn't really feel like  the birth is imminent. Having said that, at my GP's appointment this week she told me the baby's another fifth engaged - 3/5 into my pelvis - which is a good sign. We've just been carrying on as usual - been out a couple of times this week which has been really good, espcially chatting with friends about stuff other than babies and pregnancy.

We have a midwife appointment on Thursday where it's likely I'll have a sweep and discuss the possibility of being induced. Unless of course, it's all happened before then...

No comments:

Post a Comment