This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Saturday 14 May 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH EIGHT (WEEK 35)

I don't know how I ever managed to fit work in - managing to fill my days quite happily! What with still sorting the flat out, washing (and buying more) bits of baby clothing, daytime TV, reading lots and generally relaxing and enjoying myself - quite enjoying being a lady of leisure... while it lasts.

Had one day when I felt completely wiped out, and ended up having a good sleep in the middle of the day - which I know is my body telling me to slow down (and my DP also telling me). Still managed to get everything done that I was planning to do that day, but I must learn not to feel guilty for doing next to nothing some days.

Last weekend we managed to get loads of baby stuff done, without especially planning to. I did my Birth Plan, packed most of my hospital bag (hard to know what to pack for 'going home' clothes as I'm still wearing anything I might pack), and we took another trip to Mothercare and Boots for bath stuff and plenty more odds and sods.

Also had a lovely lunch this week with my friend whose twins will be arriving sometime in the next 3 weeks. She's due the same week as me, but her hospital won't let her go beyond 38 weeks. It was a good chance to natter all things baby, labour and birth - which, apart from with our respective other halves - we don't do very much with other people.

DP and I did a 2-night First Aid course especially for babies and children this week, through the Red Cross. It was well worth doing - if only for gaining a bit of confidence if ever we find ourselves in an emergency situation. It wasn't just the thought of being prepared for our own Little Monkey, but we'll find ourselves surrounded by far more babies and toddlers as a result, and it's good to know we've got that little bit of knowledge on all sorts of medical emergencies if the worst ever (hopefully never) happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment